Support from UK importer and also the factory

portman

Good points and ones that are difficult to deal with on these forums without upsetting some or all of the sponsors and, consequently, Andy. And you don't want to do that do you? :rolleyes:

I've had dealings with Birketts on behalf of a friend and I concur with the other posters. So I doubt you'll have a problem there but it does make sense for the agency to pass to MRS now that Scorpa are owned by Sherco,

In the last few years we've seen Scorpa go to the wall and be bought out by Sherco and we've seen the introduction of three new brands viz: Xispa/XPA, Ossa and, now, Jotagas. I doubt the market can support more than three or 4 vendors especially in these tight times. I think many will agree with (especially Dabster).

So I'd not be worrying about Birks but about Scorpa proper.

My question would be why a 2 stroke scorpa?

What advantages for you does that have over any other brand?

Generally the importers are ok but if you are buying a bike with a view as to what might go wrong with it seems strange to me?

Do you want reliability as your priority?

Where are you?

Edited by Nigel Dabster

I recently bought a Scorpa (secondhand one) and have to say its the best built trials bike I have ever had, only the Hondas (including 4RT) are as good, and Birkett will go out of his way to try and help, therefore I would consider a new Scorpa as they are pretty good reasons to buy one, only downside is if you want to get up 300foot steps then linkless rear suspension may not be the best.

My question would be why a 2 stroke scorpa?

What advantages for you does that have over any other brand?

Generally the importers are ok but if you are buying a bike with a view as to what might go wrong with it seems strange to me?

Where are you?

Scorpa are the only ones who produce a proper trials bike with a high seat (the long ride) and for various reasons that is what I am contemplating as the best choice,for me.Otherwise I doubt if I would be considering them, especially as there is little financial advantage as against the other (popular) two strokes.

Scorpa are the only ones who produce a proper trials bike with a high seat (the long ride) and for various reasons that is what I am contemplating as the best choice,for me.Otherwise I doubt if I would be considering them, especially as there is little financial advantage as against the other (popular) two strokes.

The 4rt has a longride seat as an aftermarket thing as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Working backwards

Trials started out as reliability test of the machine...

The build quality of modern trials bikes !!!!!!!!!!! as many go wrong as go right.. I should know I.ve bought enough. Uk importers .well let me say that I have had discussions with lots of folk regarding their experiences when claiming warranty.. John Lampkin & Birks come out as the best from a customer service point of view.