2012 Formula

duggan

Anyone tried or own a 2012 bike with the new Formula kit? Interested to see how it compares to AJP. Have seen a pictures, looks really trick.

Apparently they look good, but blow seals and calipers flex.....

Mine has just blown the rear caliper seals on my third time on the bike yesterday from new, les than 5 hours riding :angry: Having said that, they worked great, just hope this isn't the shape of things to come !

That does not sound very encouraging at all. I have not seen any yet , but have heard that the hand levers have only one adjustment,for the static position ,or reach of the lever from the bar, yet are lacking any adjustment for the "biting point" or engagement point for the clutch or brake. Is this true ? and if so how can the bikes be set up to suit different riders preferences ,or the size of their hands and fingers ? :unsure::shutup:

I have not seen any yet , but have heard that the hand levers have only one adjustment,for the static position ,or reach of the lever from the bar, yet are lacking any adjustment for the "biting point" or engagement point for the clutch or brake. Is this true ? and if so how can the bikes be set up to suit different riders preferences ,or the size of their hands and fingers ?

True there is only one adjustment on the lever but it does work very well in my opinion :thumbup:

That does not sound very encouraging at all. I have not seen any yet , but have heard that the hand levers have only one adjustment,for the static position ,or reach of the lever from the bar, yet are lacking any adjustment for the "biting point" or engagement point for the clutch or brake. Is this true ? and if so how can the bikes be set up to suit different riders preferences ,or the size of their hands and fingers ? :unsure::shutup:

I've noticed Browny's brand new 2012 gasser he rode at Sheffield Arena has AJP's fitted...says it all really

Edited by andat

I've noticed Browny's brand new 2012 gasser he rode at Sheffield Arena has AJP's fitted...says it all really

Browny's bike has got AJP fitted Andy :agreed: , but the reason is we had NO bikes with Formula fitted when it was time for a new one... I think his two factory bikes are gonna have Formula....

My new "Racing" has Formula and they work mega..... :thumbup:

Faktree..

Just changed the oil on my Formula brake & clutch system & they were very dirty, the bike has only done 5 hours from new, have heard stories of them coming from the factory with metal partickles in the oil from the maufacturing process, thats why I changed it but in all fairness there was no bits in mine, just very black oil. <_<