Oset 20

xr_ated

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

I heard some rumours from OSET Us today. He didn't say it was secret so I will throw it out there. Hope I don't make anyone mad.

The 20" is likely to be 48V using sealed lead acid batteries. They are making sure they get everything just right so it is delayed a bit. I imagine it will get to the UK first, but they say it will hit the US in late summer or early fall.

Yay for 48V! Not yay for SLA batteries but I guess I can just convert that one to lipo too. Not yay for the delay but I guess it is better to get it right and late than to get it early and wrong.

• 4 months later...

Info just released: http://www.osetbikes...t-electric-bike

Spoke with Oset this AM. There might be a factory battery upgrade in the future but no dates for now. As Dave's pointed out, the bikes should be in the country end of August, at dealers in Sept.

It looks a fantastic piece of kit, new controller looks great and very tuneable.

Edited by frogger

Just bought a 36v for mini baldilocks but its getting delivered via the north pole and will arrive on a sleigh towards the end of December.

I've mentioned this before but the 20 makes the case stronger, will our current kids under say 10 years old ride electric bikes all their life. I can see my son being on the 36 for a couple of years then maybe the 20. Think how much land access may improve if there was an adult version. Gas Gas and Sorpa currently make one so its not that far away, 5 years perhaps ?

I was having this conversation with fellow trialers last weekend. They recommended I do not wait for the Oset 20 and buy him 'a real bike' so he can 'learn to use the clutch' properly early on. I think it is just round the corner for kids to never use a clutch again.

That said, my boy rides a KTM 65SX with clutch and 6 gears as his other bike. Little MX/Enduro bikes still have a way to go but I really hope it happens sooner rather than later so we can get some tracks and riding areas back!