Cota 247 - 1969

greeves

Found in the dark of an old parking in Cordoba, southern Spain, this same week. This 1969 Montesa Cota is completely original, never restored, even with the original tyres and the best of all... road registered and now mine !!!!

This beautifull Montesa will be my project for this 2012.

And hope this will be the result after some work...

Found in the dark of an old parking in Cordoba, southern Spain, this same week. This 1969 Montesa Cota is completely original, never restored, even with the original tyres and the best of all... road registered and now mine !!!!

This beautifull Montesa will be my project for this 2012

Great project. Keep us up to date with pictures.

You are very lucky, Greeves!!! The bike looks very complete and original. Good and easy project.

the small hubs are the give away, '69 should have the ginormas brake hubs, it may have been upgraded at one time since it has the non-shouldered front rim, I've also got the same bike, everything looks the same as mine except the brake hubs, I upgraded mine in 1984 with '74 wheels and the more slender '74 tank, still have the orriginal stuff if I ever want to go back to orriginal, It has been many years since I rode the thing, rod bearing has a little rattle, so I stoped riding it, plan to restore mine some day, it's my dream to have it going and compete when it has it's 50'th birthday, also my kick start is not the correct one, I got one a few years ago off feebay, neither are the front forks, the forks came from the same '74 doner bike

HPIM3812-1.jpg

Edited by MotoVintage

Hi: At last I got the papers !!!

It is definitely a Montesa Cota 247 MkII from April 1970

The front rim is not the original, but I have already found the one to restore it as original as possible.

About the papers, here in Spain if a vehicly is road registered, the registration owns to the vehicle and can not be changed to any other vehicle, which makes it quite easy. The big trouble are bikes that never were registered when new, something very common in the Spanish 70

bighub247.jpg

Here is my 1969 Big Hub 247. She is a "rider". Only improvements are modern tires and Betor shocks. I like to keep it close to stock.

MotoVintage I would encourage you to get your old 247 going again and put the big hubs and tank on. As you can see I have a soft spot for the old Cotas. Your 247 seems to be pretty original, you even have the valanced front fender.

Edited by Martin Belair