Things to look out for

malj

Ok I,ve tracked down a couple of bikes to have a look at for my first modern (ish) trials bike, 1997 Beta techno250 and a 99 315.

From the photos I have seen the 315 has had a bit of use but has Been serviced and has new chain and sprockets

The techno looks mint with very light use.

I was only going to look at the 315, but for the sake of a gallon of fuel I may as well look at them both. Both bikes are under a grand with the techno 300 less than the 315.

Anyway is there anything special I should look for in either bike and your recomendations.

I'd have the 315, tart it up where bits are scruffy and run on A747 oil or Maxima 927. It's what HRC recommend for the bike. Mmmmmm, and you get the smell!Treat it to new levers and control pedals/levers etc to remove some of the rattly bits.

I'd have the 315, tart it up where bits are scruffy and run on A747 oil or Maxima 927. It's what HRC recommend for the bike. Mmmmmm, and you get the smell!Treat it to new levers and control pedals/levers etc to remove some of the rattly bits.

^What he said ^ :thumbup:

I'd say yes if it all works.

Give everything a good wobble and shake. Any bad rattles, bits not working or hanging off then bargain. Hard!

As long as the bike appears to be in good nick then you should be fine. Find out if the owner is an enthusiast and that the bike has not been used as a field hack or toy.

I'd say yes if it all works.

Give everything a good wobble and shake. Any bad rattles, bits not working or hanging off then bargain. Hard!

As long as the bike appears to be in good nick then you should be fine. Find out if the owner is an enthusiast and that the bike has not been used as a field hack or toy.

Phoned the guy up earlier today bought it for his son summer last year who then wanted a scooter. He rides enduro said trials not for him so it has to go.

Phoned the guy up earlier today bought it for his son summer last year who then wanted a scooter. He rides enduro said trials not for him so it has to go.

I have a 315 and love it so much even if i give the sport up its staying in the garage!

To put it blunt the old betas are a pile of **** 315s are so higher in the food chain its raining castrol r :thumbup: