stator plate disintegrate

photoboy

Discovered the source of my bad running on my Beta rev 3 250 2001....

The stator plate has disintegrated at the point where it screws on, it managed to work itself loose enough to contact the fly wheel magnets. This has caused some some of it to rub away! it was working though only for a few minutes until it got warm.

Does anyone have any suggestions. looks like the flywheel might be Ok, but i need a stator back plate and almost without doubt a stator or a rewind...

img_1331.jpg

img_1332.jpg

img_1334.jpg

img_1335.jpg

img_1337.jpg

Edited by Andy

I have rewound a stator my self at home, it is not too bad and takes an evening in front of the telly. But as i need the stator plate too and I bet they are a fortune new, i will look around and see if i can pick a plate and stator together, second hand

You may get away with a rewind, I can't quite see the pics too well on my iPhone but one of the poles of the generator looks pretty burnt out. Surely this will reduce the magnetic field and reduce the generators output somewhat? the pole of the exciter coil looks ok though.

Magnet wire is cheap, under

that is badly damaged not only have the coils gone but so have the poles and then you have the plate issue.. dont buy sh. invest some cash in a new one, i have seen alternatives to beta on these pages if your really strapped but in my opinion i'd be ring beta and asking for a price at least... make sure its fitted properly and nice and secure..

i took the thing apart and the stator plate is in bad condition and really could do with replacement, the stator poles are worn down on a sender and a coil and the same coil looks like it got hot! the inside of the flywheel is not good too but it was running, so i guess a new startor plate will fix it for now,

here are some pics:

img_2042.jpg

img_2041.jpg

img_2040.jpg

img_2032.jpg

img_2031.jpg

I dont know how much this will help, but you mentioned that your rev3 is an 2001. That is not a 2001 it is a 2002 model. I think there is a design difference between the 01 and 02 generator setup. The 01 generator may work fine in an 02?

I dont know how much this will help, but you mentioned that your rev3 is an 2001. That is not a 2001 it is a 2002 model. I think there is a design difference between the 01 and 02 generator setup. The 01 generator may work fine in an 02?

I was told it is a 2001, but the "bodgers" that sold me the bike might have been wrong, they did not hide anything when asked though... Are you identifying the bike from the frame/motor or are you talking about the plastics and the grafix; as i am sure these are not the originals?

I have a 2001 Rev3 250 in my garage. It was blue. Except for the swingarm it looks like photoboys now. 2000 had upside down forks. I'm pretty sure i read here that 01 and earlyer had a more reliable generator. It was a holdover from the techno. 02 got a new generator and they were not as reliable as previous versions.