rear shocks

bondy

I speak from experience!

Betors may be cheaper but you will not get better than the Magical shocks and fork springs.

I rode for a season on Betors and std fork springs.

I studied the market and looked at what the Spanish use and took the plunge.

Woody described the feel as plush and boy is he right, transformed the handling. No bottoming out of the forks and rear suspension just settles and grips before rebounding.

So why buy cheap(funds aside)only to replace with the dogs at a later date!

You pay your money and take your choice!!!

Regards

Martin

Edited by Triple_X

I speak from experience!

Me too!

To be exactly I have them both (Betor and Magicals) and yes the Magicals are much better then the Betors they even look better too.

BUT the OP has given a money limit and a pair of good Magicals are twice as much as the OP want to pay. As this is his second Bultaco rebuild, do we know what he want to do with the bike?

I found the pic's that I did not find while writing down my first post in this thread, here all three shocks for a comparison, (in the middle the original ones):

DSC08081.JPG

It is also possible to outclass even Magical shocks for around four times as much money the OP want to pay:

Extremly tricky looking and still contemporary and very good working if you use nitrogen as gas are French Fournales shocks, these where used by some world class riders in the beginning eighties, one Bultacos and Italjets (which are the green clones, I had some of them too).

Here the model list from Fournals: Production list Fournales Shocks

The prices, :blush: (around 700

Edited by PSchrauber

Me too!

To be exactly I have them both (Betor and Magicals) and yes the Magicals are much better then the Betors they even look better too.

BUT the OP has given a money limit and a pair of good Magicals are twice as much as the OP want to pay. As this is his second Bultaco rebuild, do we know what he want to do with the bike?

I found the pic's that I did not find while writing down my first post in this thread, here all three shocks for a comparison, (in the middle the original ones):

DSC08081.JPG

It is also possible to outclass even Magical shocks for around four times as much money the OP want to pay:

Extremly tricky looking and still contemporary and very good working if you use nitrogen as gas are French Fournales shocks, these where used by some world class riders in the beginning eighties, one Bultacos and Italjets (which are the green clones, I had some of them too).

Here the model list from Fournals: Production list Fournales Shocks

The prices, :blush: (around 700

Hy,

I'm in the same situation.

I'm very happy with my Falcons on the Honda TL 250 and the Magicals look great, but I don't know which configuration would be the optima for my M49 Bulto.

My favourite at the moment would be from Sammy Miller Betor SM Pro Shocks for

Hy,

I'm very happy with my Falcons on the Honda TL 250 and the Magicals look great, but I don't know which configuration would be the optima for my M49 Bulto.

Hy,