175 Bore Clearence

bsw

I would be a bit suspicious of a firm that had to ask, are they familiar with oring two strokes ?

Pistons are usually tapered being less diameter at the top to allow for more expansion - if they measure it and calculate bore size from there it will probably seize. I agree with 0.0016 inch clearance but that is probably front to back on the piston skirt.

Cheers

There should be piston clearance info on notes that came with the Wiseco piston. Wiseco need different piston clearance to what is in the Yamaha book due to the composition of the piston metal having a different thermal expansion rate compared to pistons like Yamaha and Pro-X. The Wiseco is not the best piston for the TY175 for trials use because they are made for race applications rather than trials so will rattle a lot more than others as has already been mentioned.

I would read carefully the previous 3 post BEFORE sending my cylinder for a rebore, you might just '' waste '' an o/s, unfortunatly the saying '' you can pay me now or you can pay me later but you gonna have to pay me anyway '' is right in this case. Maybe the guy's at the shop that you chose are aware of the potential problems therefore asking you for specific tolerances. Of course it's just my opinion.

Guy

To avoid a rebore i only need a new 1st oversize piston kit as the bore is ok ,the bottom ring is siezed

on the piston.I could not source a piston kit for the bike anywhere so i purchased a 2nd oversize from a TY specilists in the UK.

Anyone here know who has one in stock?

To avoid a rebore i only need a new 1st oversize piston kit as the bore is ok ,the bottom ring is siezed

on the piston.I could not source a piston kit for the bike anywhere so i purchased a 2nd oversize from a TY specilists in the UK.

Anyone here know who has one in stock?

You couldn't pick out the bottom ring and clean up the piston, and try and source a replacement ring ?