Italjet Frame Colour

petermac

found a paint in halfords yesterday that is a close match

IMG-20120121-00041.jpg

:thumbup: a good find.

The Italjet frog green is really wicket, only a little bit darker, (more green), and a touch more yellow then it would been perfect. As you need at least two coatings and if there is no rush I would try to find the race green 77 or Opel Signalgr

found a paint in halfords yesterday that is a close match

IMG-20120121-00041.jpg

If it is Halfords' own paint, be careful what you paint with it as it does not like petrol at all. If you spill petrol on it, it can ruin the finish.

Have you tried Steve Goode for Italjet manuals etc. He has some Italjet stuff.

In case you don't find any better matching color a second layer of clear coat paint on PU basis will also solve problems with the paint and petrol, IF the clear coat that might be available to your color is based on PU.

When doing rattle can paint jobs the clear coat has as a rule of thump to be applied around 30 minutes after you have done the regular paint job. If you apply the clear coat just after half an hour the paint layer will insolveable connected with the paint. Give's a better protection against scratches, ... too.

If you want to strenghten the paint- and clear-coat- coatings the painted parts should be temperd, (heat threatend), a couple of hours with around 80

• 1 month later...

got the frame powder coated and have painted engine, exhaust. all other painted parts have been powdercoated, even spokes

just waiting for some replacements from steve goode then we can finish it

it might be too nice to ride?

DSC_6802.jpg

Its a colour you either love or hate, I fall in the latter category but you certainly cannot miss it!

Good bike nevertheless.

Mmmm I'm in the former.

trials16-3-05c(07-85)_-_copy_orig.jpg

July '85 with some Falcons and some Heath Robinson rear brake mods

Not me, as I had three Italjets back in the beginning to mid 80's. I do have more relations to the

very first series and to the later Piuma ones which had more white in the color scheme and where some pounds lighter, but today this is really a question of personal taste!

Anyway the rebuild of petermac looks really fantastic, here I give 12 points with additional three * !!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

thanks for that, dont know whether to ride it

Hi Petermac. I am just about to restore the same Italjet as you have been working on. I would appreciate any advice you can help with. Could I send you a private message with some questions?.

Would like to know if you know of any spares, the colour of the green you used for the frame and also which mudguards you have used and how they fitted (assuming you didn't fit originals).

Thanks

the frame was powder coated to the nearest colour the powder coater could find

steve goode motocycles is the best stock of spares around, but he only has some parts, i had to make the seat, side stand, chain guard and side panel clips

he is in the process of using my broken spokes to get patterns for all spokes

if you need any advise just shout up on here