montesa 315R help

md04

Hi guys hows it going was looking for advice,im thinking of getting another 315R but was wondering what year to go for,is there a stand out model performance and spec wise and do they all have the HRC engine thanks.

i have a 97 it looks damned near mint runs great and is very reliable and is a third of the cost of an 04 if you can find one if you look for an 01 or later as long as it has the blue forks and has been well looked after you cant go wrong

i have a 97 it looks damned near mint runs great and is very reliable and is a third of the cost of an 04 if you can find one if you look for an 01 or later as long as it has the blue forks and has been well looked after you cant go wrong

thanks for the info i had a 98 315r so i think i will have to for the newer model,i know what you mean about the cost tho and visually they dont look much different.i wish they still made new 315s...

i have two of the 98 models!

You greedy sod :thumbup:

The 03 and 04 models are the same bikes apart from red/white plastics and represent the most refined(good suspension/engine pick-up) marks of the breed but I found the 97/98 models to be the most comfortable to ride.

The triple clamps were changed (00?-04) to suit the plush Showa(rainbow) forks and I know of a few riders who felt that the bars were angled back towards the pegs which seemed to make things cramped for taller riders(and me,at 5'10'' but I don't bend zenees)... IMHO

I can foresee us still riding these bikes in 20 years time when all that's left of their contemporaries is a photo :popcorn:

Rose tinted glasses....or what?