Beta Evo Project

haggi961

Some more goodies came the other day which was nuts,bolts, spring for pedal, bushes, bearings, cages for the l link and one side for the dog bone as i realised when fitting the parts for the dog bones that i hadnt order enough so ive had to order a whole new side now so that a load more money spent on the dam things.

IMG_1522.jpg

My new fuel filter also came.

IMG_1523.jpg

Also fitted the new chain guard to the swinging arm and also new slide in bushes that attach to the l link as mine broke away when i undid them.

IMG_1525.jpg

Once i started to rebuild the bike back i realised that the engine mounts and the back subframe bits were not the same, as the new frame i have has 2 screw holes on it and my old one had one big hole.

IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

So i emailed beta again and they said they had sent me the wrong frame as i have the new version so as another good will jesture they sent me new engine mounts, subframe, nuts and bolts which they didnt have to so another big thanks again there. The only problem for me is i have to get the new subframe powdercoated which is not the end of the world. Also received my shock socks to prevent crap getting in and the main reason i wanted them was for looks.

IMG_1536.jpg

Picture with the frame half on

IMG_1534.jpg

Time for the new head stock bearings to get fitted so my mate sorted this out for me as he had a press to take the old one off. New one back on with new grease.

IMG_1535.jpg

Head stock bearings all in now and all tightend up along with the socks fitted.

IMG_1538.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They took mine on a exchange deal so havnt got a clue what happens to it.

They cut the headstock off it to prevent it from being used again. I've seen the pile of them at the former US importer.

...and that is going to be one tasty Beta you got there. Well done.

Edited by Dan Williams

Update, The chain has been degreased and cleaned up and some fresh wax oil on it.

IMG_1542.jpg

Took the carb off and gave it a good clean out with the carb spray. Also the last person who owned it had sprayed the bottom bit of the carb so I cleaned all the paint off and gave it a polish.

IMG_1543.jpg

Gave the air filter a clean and then fresh oil on it along with stainless bolts in the air box

Dirty airfilter

IMG_1520.jpg

Nice and clean now

IMG_1562.jpg

I put some strong thick film on the areas where the handle bars touch when its turned on full lock as I'm worrying if I fall off and the steering swings to one side and chips the powdercoating.

IMG_1545.jpg

Also received the rest of my dog bone /l link bushes.

IMG_1550.jpg

A photo with the hole unit replaced with new bushes and the bag full full of old bushes

IMG_1552.jpg

Dog bone fitted with swinging arm.

IMG_1554.jpg

Wheel is back on now.

IMG_1558.jpg

Just waiting on my parts from the powder coaters now and also I've got some goodies to pick up for it.

I got my goodies today and I'm well chuffed with them. Its the real carbon fibre and not the abs plastic stuff, the items I have are Swinging arm, frame, shocks, exhaust, engine cover, petrol tank plastics . They are not 100% on yet but you get the picture. I will take some more pictures when they are on properly and the bikes outside.

IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1580.jpg

IMG_1579.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

Soon as I get a bit more cash I will be getting a few more items made of the stuff.

Nice collection of VX220's :thumbup::bouncy:

Cheers mate, I have the real thing sitting outside that's why I've got a model of it, just a shame the model don't look nothing like it now lol

It will be intresting to know your overall costs on this project including the bike(and the wife's new carpet)..looking good so far.

I don't want to look lol. The way I think about it is that there are loads of betas out there I'm just trying to make mine look diffrent then everyone else's.

Cheers mate, I have the real thing sitting outside that's why I've got a model of it, just a shame the model don't look nothing like it now lol

I've had two, both NA's, one standard the other modified, great cars.. I miss the VX meets and track days in them :(

I've had two, both NA's, one standard the other modified, great cars.. I miss the VX meets and track days in them :(

Cracking cars they are and you not tempted by another one? I have a 300bhp one which is very interesting to drive which is going to get tracked this year i hope. Here is my project thread if your interested but its picture heavy http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/39290-my-car-project/page__p__289172__fromsearch__1#entry289172

Cracking cars they are and you not tempted by another one? I have a 300bhp one which is very interesting to drive which is going to get tracked this year i hope. Here is my project thread if your interested but its picture heavy http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/39290-my-car-project/page__p__289172__fromsearch__1#entry289172

Dunno how i missed that build thread - top job - I'll post in there now to prevent a thread hijacl :)