Beta Evo Project

haggi961

Its been a while since i logged on here but im starting to want another trials bike again and i really miss this bike but i think this time i need a cheap one that i can abuse and not worry about falling off and damaging.

Didn't realize that you had kept this thread going so was a nice shock to see what you have done with the trials bike and it also looks awesome (would of kept the socks on tho :D) How you getting on with the trialing have you improved much? Anymore plans with the bike?

Edited by haggi961

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now then, How are you doing? the riding is coming on well thanks. I am getting better & braver every time I go out, which is every weekend at the moment. I have a few more plans for the bike before I sell it on next year. I will be changing the last few plastics that have marks on. The bike is just about spotless at the moment for a trials bike anyway. That's my cleaning & polishing OCD kicking in. Hurry up & get another bike, I can see why you loved it so much.

• 3 weeks later...

Just had new fork oil & seals done, I developed a leak on the weekend. as I took the forks off I noticed the other fork had a chip out of the upper section but though why is it not leaking also.

I got the answer to that today, No flippin oil in the fork.

Now I know I did not chip the upper fork leg so I must have bought it like that.

fight old owner vs new

Ha Ha, Hardly. Some things you find later when you buy second hand. These things you have to get over & put up with or get fixed.

Me, I get them fixed no matter what the cost. OCD Kicked in again so I sanded the bottoms & painted them. Shockers now look like new again.

This bike will be new buy the time I sell it next year.

Just had new fork oil & seals done, I developed a leak on the weekend. as I took the forks off I noticed the other fork had a chip out of the upper section but though why is it not leaking also.

I got the answer to that today, No flippin oil in the fork.

Now I know I did not chip the upper fork leg so I must have bought it like that.

Now you Know why it had socks on!

TLTEL

The reason the socks where on is because i like the look and to stop crap getting end of. Never knew anything about no chips but its a trials bike so its going to get them. Like you said buying stuff second hand you find your problems like with the quad. New oil seals, brake pads, HID bulb, wheels bearings, front brake pipe rubbing on split pin so new brake line needed. Toe link out so wearing tyre down on one side. Plastic clips broken underneath mud guards and been fixed with some tape by the looks of it. Grease nipple broke off at the back of swinging arm. crack in the metal foot rest. Suspension got annoying squeak that i cant seem to locate so maybe needs a new bush. Upper wish bone got a kink in it so i need to buy a new one, maybe the reason its pulling to one side. Bolts snapped off in the holes and seat clip broken. Theres is more but thats just a short list of stuff and im not being nasty when i say all that stuff but the thing is im not bothered as i know i will fix them all myself. The funs of doing it all as i learn to strip it and rebuild better.

The reason the socks where on is because i like the look and to stop crap getting end of. Never knew anything about no chips but its a trials bike so its going to get them. Like you said buying stuff second hand you find your problems like with the quad. New oil seals, brake pads, HID bulb, wheels bearings, front brake pipe rubbing on split pin so new brake line needed. Toe link out so wearing tyre down on one side. Plastic clips broken underneath mud guards and been fixed with some tape by the looks of it. Grease nipple broke off at the back of swinging arm. crack in the metal foot rest. Suspension got annoying squeak that i cant seem to locate so maybe needs a new bush. Upper wish bone got a kink in it so i need to buy a new one, maybe the reason its pulling to one side. Bolts snapped off in the holes and seat clip broken. Theres is more but thats just a short list of stuff and im not being nasty when i say all that stuff but the thing is im not bothered as i know i will fix them all myself. The funs of doing it all as i learn to strip it and rebuild better.

Hope it was cheep !

I agree with you Haggi961, part of the fun is fixing & maintaining the bike & quad come to think of it. not sure your list of wear & tear on the quad was helpful but I can see you needed to have your say.

The shock for me was the £385.00 for one new fork leg tube, not even a new front fork. they are over £1200 for one.

Anyway the bike is fixed now & I am loving it. so thanks again for the swap & I hope you are still enjoying the quad?

Have a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year mate. Don't forget to buy a new trials bike in the new year & you are welcome to come & join us to see how my riding is coming on.

cheers

Nigel

Yeah no problem and thanks for the offer for coming along i might just take your offer up on that one day if i stop spending money on my car lol. I really do miss the trials bike and im sure i would be rubbish again as i was just starting to get somewhere when i was riding, but that will be fun again to learn.

Yep still loving the quad and just waiting for the snow now. I also found out the other day it spits flames, what a beast lol

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

I fitted the stiffer front and back spring on my evo..... MUCH better.... ;)

Under £100 for both so cant complain.

I went the full stiff front and 20% stiffer rear....... Thought it might have been too much, but its fine....