New Jotagas...How Much?!

trials_125

My new magazine arrived today, and was very interested to see what they had to say about the new JTG. The thing that interested me the most, was the price!! £5499 for a 250, £5549 280, £5575 300...It must some good trials bike to justify those prices! I didn't like the look of the JTG, and now the price has completley put me off. Best stick with the GasGas :thumbup:

Edited by trials_125

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say a fair price when compared with all the other marques, as far as I know, very limited supply, so a rare sight for sometime. They look like a great bike, proof in the pudding will be, once they arrive and are ridden. But as a new company, it must be very hard for them, to take this big step, in these difficult times. Good luck to JTG and Steve Saunders, hope it proves a big success.

Yes it is a problem.. when you can buy a small car on the road with 7 years free servicing and warranty for just a bit more it makes you wonder where we're going with our sport in general..However they only cost as much as buyers are prepared to pay..(this applies to just about everything in this modern world) and just to balance that I have my name on one.. provided I find it suits me better than current bike and it is available soon and the warranty support is guaranteed second to none. It.s a big risk to buy the first of any new model let alone a new Make...lets see how it goes.

I think the phrase 'unproven' has been wheeled out a lot over the years, with lots of different brands. It has been said more than once that long standing current bikes that are 'proven' still have many issues..no?

Edited by marky boy

as far as I know, very limited supply

And there you have it in a nutshell. There's no point pricing the bike low if they haven't got the capacity to make them fast enough to meet the demand. New bikes/models need tweaking once they are out there being used so they won't want to hold huge stocks of new bikes either.

Setting the price high usually excludes the majority but the eager minority will always want to buy no matter what the price is (within reason, even with the economy on its a***). Build 250, sell 250, make a great fat profit on each and every one with no dead money sat in obsolete stock on dealer floors.

It's a fine balance between supply and demand and setting the price just right is the tricky bit. Much easier to lower the price than increase it at a later date though ;)

I bought a Beta Rev-4 when they first came out and paid approx.

You guy's are missing various points here.

Some of you are saying Un-proven bike ? In what context ??

The brand is unproven - but with Tarres involvement and Steve here in the UK I would take a punt on one.

The Bike is unproven - Hardly ! You just need to watch the stuff on Youtube that Pol Tarres is doing on one to see that this could well be one of the most 'sorted' new bikes ever !

Once Steve has machines here and is winning (as he does) on it there will be lots of eager beavers I am sure !

Price

Edited by Scoobydo

Hi

The people involved with this product will back it, so any issues they will sort.

I guess poll tarras will ride the junior champs, and lookes to me like he will take the championship.

So new bike with a world championship in the first year.

Thats me looking into my christal ball.

Pete

General question: Why does it seem that whenever someone takes the brave and extremely welcome step of producing a new bike does the majority seem to want it to fail? I draw the court's attention to posts regarding Greeves, Xispa etc. Isn't the huge variety what draws the pre-65 crowd when back in the day anyone with a shed produced a bike?!

I for one hope it succeeds and if a minority manufacturer has to charge

For those unaware, Tarres will be riding the Jotagas at this weekend's Marseille Indoor Round. It's NOT on live, but can be seen on Motors TV on SKY (Channel 413) starting 12:30pm UK time on Sunday 29th January. :)

Please read my original post ...slowly and carefully. 'I' do not refer to the bike as 'unproven' but refer to the fact that the great 'all' usually quickly jump in and state any new bike coming out gets that statement thrown at it. As stated above, this project will be made to work.

Good for you Kinell i know you did ;-) , i did the same with the Scorpa sy had one of the first in the uk...no problems great bike. Then with the 4rt, got one of the first batch of ten into the UK, the rest they say is..... :marky:

Not a cheap bike, but then it's not made of cheap components!

I think if nothing else they've an excellent depth in research and development to lean on - from a top flight world championship rider (working with an ex multiple world champ!) down through to one of Britain's best and longest serving riders to date, whos still out there riding and tweaking at club/centre/national level week in week out!

Eagerly awaiting!