Talmag 2012

esteve

Photos here:

http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j381/Senor_Esteve/Talmag%20Trial%20Hungry%20Hill%20Aldershot%20January%202012/

DSCF3654.jpg

Unfortunately it was not very bright under the trees and 1/40s at F2.8 doesn't really cut it for action shots; underexposed and blurred - but I included some anyway; its not everyday you see somebody showboating a Douglas....

DSCF3596.jpg

NB I retain copyright, but PM me if you want an original 6Megapixel file; no charge, gratis.

Edited by Esteve

Yes, a bit back to the future, but check out the oil tank cum mudguard...

DSCF3502.jpg

And it's amazing how many TY Yamaha tanks have found second homes.

Nice bike. Nice oil tank/mudguard. Nice forks and fork brace. As for tanks you use what you have lurking in the depths of the shed. Prices for new alloy tanks are silly now so why not recycle? Dont see a problem with any of it plus got to admire the tenacity of the rider/owner/builder of the rigid. All good stuff :thumbup:

Edited by Old trials fanatic

Hi Guy's

One big question????

Take a look at all one hundred plus shots that were taken from this trial.

Then ask yourself, will I see this number, or any of these bikes, in competition or even out of there sheds for the next twelve months??? so where do they go????

Regards Charlie.

Reminds me of a song by Peter Sarstedt LOL

Some do appear at local VMCC meetings and Yorkshire Classic do get quite a few but i know what you are getting at. Perhaps it's just a high days and holidays thing? Special occaisions like the Talmag? It needs a sponsor, dont suggest me cos i'm broke nobodys buying anything thats why i'm on here instead of the lathe :wacko: , similar to Sammy Miller or PJ1 to sponsor a series of events specially just for this kind of bike but nobodys got the money or time. If i received enough interrest i would deffinately include a class in our trials. The Clubman and Classic Intermediate routes would be more than suitable for these bikes.

Hi Guy's

One big question????

Take a look at all one hundred plus shots that were taken from this trial.

Then ask yourself, will I see this number, or any of these bikes, in competition or even out of there sheds for the next twelve months??? so where do they go????

Regards Charlie.

If there were more trials like this the bikes would be out.

Trouble is you can't really enjoy yourself on the big machines at the trials that have been setup for B15's, Bantums and Cubs :-(

If there were more trials like this the bikes would be out.

Trouble is you can't really enjoy yourself on the big machines at the trials that have been setup for B15's, Bantums and Cubs :-(

Come and ride Bath,Somerton Classic or Golden Valley,big bikes are catered for - and welcomed.

A nice mixture of tricked up and non tricked up machinery there. Great to see them out and about. Nice sections about the same severity as our Clubman route so why dont we ever see any of these at our events?

Must be that riders of this sort of bike want to enter events that are solely for this sort of bike. Thats the successful formula of the Talmag and if we want to see more of these lovely older big bikes out in competition then it needs a series just for them and only them.

Great pictures almost makes you want to build one :thumbup: