Evo 300 4T Flat Spot

wright4d

Hi All

Stripped down the carb on my Evo 300 4T last week cleaned it and put it back on. Now there seems to be a lat spot at about 1/3 throttle. Can anyone think what I may have got wrong?

Thanks

lower clip on needle one notch thus lifting the needle that should sort it ,did you do any other changes ,id also check fuel filter in the bottom of frame its in the banjo bolt , did the diaphram look ok

Hi All

Stripped down the carb on my Evo 300 4T last week cleaned it and put it back on. Now there seems to be a lat spot at about 1/3 throttle. Can anyone think what I may have got wrong?

Thanks

Emh...... you took the carb off to clean it, that is what went wrong! :P

As RLRacer said is the best advise!

Edited by BillyT

Thanks for the advice folks I will try your suggestions, what I noticed today was after washing the bike I started it up and with the choke on there was no noticable flat spot when I revved it. I think this would point to it running a little lean am I along the right line with this ?. If it is then I think the needle suggestion will sort it out.

Once again thanks for all the advice.

Cheers

Thanks for the advice folks I will try your suggestions, what I noticed today was after washing the bike I started it up and with the choke on there was no noticable flat spot when I revved it. I think this would point to it running a little lean am I along the right line with this ?. If it is then I think the needle suggestion will sort it out.

Once again thanks for all the advice.

Cheers

correct it is more than likely lean midrange ie lift the needle one by lowering the clip

correct it is more than likely lean midrange ie lift the needle one by lowering the clip

Thanks for the info, just re-set as per your advice and it seems ok (only warming it up and then revving it in the garage throughout the range) but it seems to have sorted out the problem.

Another good example of the forum coming up trumps.

Once again many thanks

Regards

Derek