For Enduro - Mx Riders .

nikosthegar

Confidence! Learning on a small, light, non-threatening bike is much easier so you push it a bit more knowing it's not going to hurt/be expensive. When you move to the big bike you've got the muscle memory from before and just need to adjust it a bit.

Balance. Having to stand all the time teaches you much better body movement and balance for when it's rutty/slick mud. I've found myself staying standing and controlling rear wheel slides and front wheel grinding without panicking and dropping to the seat.

Actually riding the bike rather than getting by on power, suspension travel and ground clearance!

And I've only ridden my trials bike for a handful of hours!

Also - it's so much fun on a trials bike that it makes me want to get out and ride more - which is always good for improving!

I was a trial rider back in the days, then did not ride any motor bike for several years until two years ago when I bough my enduro. I found out that all riding technique learned in trial was helping me in enduro. Especially in "special tests" sections during enduro races. :)

Where my competitors put their feet down I can concentrate on riding and look forward. Traction is another advantage I have noticed, to know how to handle the clutch to allow for smooth start on slippery surface.

Also agree on what Al_Orange says.

Im a casual road rider, motor crosser, trail rider and few enduros in my time. More recently I have been loving twin shock trials. Some of the great guys at these events have been coaching me on body positioning, rear brake and throttle control [against each other to slow and balance - especially good tip for u turns on big roadies]. I believe it has made a huge difference to my riding overall and I thoroughly enjoy the sport.

Its also a principle consistent with sports psychology [and probably the same principal as muscle memory] that is, to go fast learn perfect form slowly and then add speed.

Stefan Merriman was an x trials rider and he career speaks for itself.

Well I have vey recently taken up enduro and as a keen trials rider I can say that it has helped massivly. As a trials rider you already have the skills and techniques all you need to learn is how to do is go fast. My results have shown it is a great help.

I have done 1 time card enduro (finished 1st in sman class) and 2 hare and hounds (1st and 3rd sman class)

Got another H & H tomorrow, only my second on the new bike so we will see how it goes. :thumbup: