Telford What Did You Buy?

mattylad

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a few odds and sods, Bultaco stuff mainly particularly a Mod.159 Manuel Soler type airbox, didn't buy a whole bike as I just bought a 325 Sherpa a few weeks ago.

I really enjoy the Telford show, I'll be back next year! Good to meet up with some old pals there too.

Big John

Cold !!!!! it was bloody freezing outside, those poor sods had a tough day.

Inside was good and I picked up an alloy oil tank and muffler for my Cub at real good prices plus a Scott leathers waterproof jacket from Wrighty's stand for 15 quid. I bought a pair of chrome levers also at an excellent price and the guy said to his mate "we need to put the price up on these, we are selling too many" and he was serious. Some of the prices for parts and accessories were outrageous and those people did themselves out of a lot of potential sales, most guys who attended had cash in hand to spend but they also knew when they were about to pay over the odds.

I also picked up one of these Hebo helmets with the little drop down visor which will stay in its box till I return to Australia.

Great to catch up with so many guys I haven't seen for up to 40 years.

Rog G

I bought a coffee!

Went more to just look around and meet a few people. Had a good chat with Vesty, Snr Greeves and a few other Spanish friends as well as a brief chat with Big John.

The drive home was a bit hellish! Left at 5pm ish, got back to Dorset 10 past Midnight!

Edited by wayne_weedon

The drive home was 'Interesting', glad I was in my 185,000m Discovery with decent AT tyres... we saw plenty of bashed up cars on the westbound M54,and several people overtook us on the way back to Brum.We chose to stick to about 22mph in the slow lane,

I think there may have been a few oppertunities for you at the show Wayne,seeing the poor quality and high prices on offer at a few of the stands....

Edited by jon v8

The drive home was 'Interesting', glad I was in my 185,000m Discovery with decent AT tyres... we saw plenty of bashed up cars on the westbound M54,and several people overtook us on the way back to Brum.We chose to stick to about 22mph in the slow lane,

I think there may have been a few oppertunities for you at the show Wayne,seeing the poor quality and high prices on offer at a few of the stands....

I'll be there next year in a different mode ;)

I think the road was clear by about the time we got close to Gloucester. Fairly fast run down to Somerset from there then I had to make my way alone to Dorset.

There was a convoy of Coaches determined to make life hell for car drivers. Forget the name on them but they were driven by inconsiderate morons.

Edited by wayne_weedon