Gear Change Lever After Fitting Flywheel Weight

malj

Just installed a flywheel weight to my 280 pro fitted the gasket spacer, but the gear change lever clashes with the flywheel cover.

I can fit the lever low pointing down at around 8 o clock position or high at the 11 o'clock position neither very good.

Anyone no of a better fix or if another type of lever does the job. If the lever had been steel rather than alloy you could heat it up and bend it.

Regards mal

Just installed a flywheel weight to my 280 pro fitted the gasket spacer, but the gear change lever clashes with the flywheel cover.

What year is your bike? I'm planning to install a FFW on my '02 280 pro soon, so am curious as to what folks recommend....

Edited by PurpleBeast

You can bend it if its hot enough.Rub some soap on the place you want to bend it,warm it up[i use the gas ring on the oven when the boss is out shopping]when the soap goes black its the right heat to bend.You don't have long before its lost the heat,repeat the process rather than bend it too much and snap it.Sounds like witchcraft but it works

You can bend it if its hot enough.Rub some soap on the place you want to bend it,warm it up[i use the gas ring on the oven when the boss is out shopping]when the soap goes black its the right heat to bend.You don't have long before its lost the heat,repeat the process rather than bend it too much and snap it.Sounds like witchcraft but it works

How long do you recommend on an induction hob :rotfl: .

Mine fitted fine and with the standard gear lever. Yet to try it on me 250 as its way to snappy compared to me last 300.

Sounds to me like your lever is bent or non-standard.

Given where the lever is located, it would be easy to end up bent in a bit from tip overs/crashes, so this makes sense.

Mine looks like it'll probably rub just a bit once I get the FWW spacer in....but figure I'll see when I get it installed, and if pulling it out on the splines a tad doesn't work, I'll do the heat/bend thing, since it won't need more than a millimetre or two of extra clearance on my bike. The soap as temperature indicator is a cool idea.

Good advice guys..thanks.