Tl 250 Handlebar Hight

spy

I have a 75 TL 250, I've put some renthal 6" rise trials bar on the bike, but I'm 6.2 and find then bars still 2 low.. I'm thinking out putting some bar risers on, but the TL mounts don't come straight up from the bridge, so if I use bar risers I won't get much lift it will just push the bar closer to the rear of the bike.. Can I use a bridge from another bike, mod the standard ones ?

It should be possible to machine off the existing mounts, leaving flat areas for new upper and lower clamp halves (and spacer blocks) with bolts going right through and nuts underneath. Ive seen this done on a few twinshocks other than TL250s

Alternatively you can get bars custom made with a higher rise than 6" Renthals.

I have a 75 TL 250, I've put some renthal 6" rise trials bar on the bike, but I'm 6.2 and find then bars still 2 low.. I'm thinking out putting some bar risers on, but the TL mounts don't come straight up from the bridge, so if I use bar risers I won't get much lift it will just push the bar closer to the rear of the bike.. Can I use a bridge from another bike, mod the standard ones ?

Check out Rox Risers, you can roll them forward.

It should be possible to machine off the existing mounts, leaving flat areas for new upper and lower clamp halves (and spacer blocks) with bolts going right through and nuts underneath. Ive seen this done on a few twinshocks other than TL250s

Alternatively you can get bars custom made with a higher rise than 6" Renthals.

Yes, machining down was what I was thinking of doing, but it's kind of irreversible, and suspected it may upset someone.. but will be going that way if I can't find a better solution.

Hey the Roxxies look like the ultimate in adjust-ability and cheap too compared to Ballards.cc who had some in last year's catalogue that went up and fwd [or back]. its just a pity they look outta place on a twin shock IMO.

I found a pair of second hand renthals with 200mm approx. height and they are perfect for me at 6ft 4in on a TY. I have another prototype that is around 260mm on a SWM with the sweep back mounts and I reckon that would be perfect at around 225 - 240mm.

But you know screw anybody who may be offended by your mods - ergos are very important [esp. for non average sized riders] and its your bike!

The other advantage of risers is that to swap between tall and ave rider height - leave the bar and its jewelry alone and just change the clamps in or out.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, the fox risers have arrived, Just bolted them on and they feel great. I thought about putting fat bars on, but when comparing rise height, sweep and overall width, I decided to go with the Renthal 6" trials bars rather than fat bars.

Before.. Height

web.jpg

After Height

web.jpg

This gives me 55mm rise (just over 2") ride position is now great. well worth the money, and they aren't that noticeable.

web.jpg