Throttle Cable

jeeves88

Right this is going to sound technical but how long does that threaded bit on top of the carb need to be like its the cable adjuster? i tweaked it and now cant get the bike to run right, i know it sets the height of the bit in the carb but how do you kno where its meant to be? should add 290 sherco, 2011 bike

Cheers

Edited by jeeves88

Right this is going to sound technical but how long does that threaded bit on top of the carb need to be like its the cable adjuster? i tweaked it and now cant get the bike to run right, i know it sets the height of the bit in the carb but how do you kno where its meant to be? should add 290 sherco, 2011 bike

Cheers

I do not have an '11 2.9, yes as memory serves this is a dellorto VHST setup and still probably uses a similar top and cable adjuster as the others.

The thing need set to where there is a 2-3 mm slack in the cable outer housing soo the slide can fully shut, or else it will be too tight(or loose). Idle speed is set with the screw in the side of carb first with cable relaxed. Be sure the cable is routed properly, and still yet insure there is no increase in idle(or total loss of throttle slack motion) when turning the bars fully to the side. One should be able to hear the slide hit home stop prior to starting the motor. :thumbup: