Fuel Line Size

trial_master

The fuel line on my 2007 290 has started to fail so I need a replacement.

Anyone know what size it is? 5mm? 6mm? and also which fuel filter size?

Best place to buy from too?

Cheers

Hose is like 5mm ID, I use 3/16 in. measure. Many filters are 1/4 in. or like 6.5mm, and make a tough install unless you have a very flexable hose.

If you have a stock dellorto you likely do not need a filter inline, as the carb has one built in.

Ring up Splatshop Chris. I think he has something for you.

I use Tygon F-4040 hose. It is wonderfull stuff and very flexable and easy to manage, yet on the Sherco, one must route it properly to stay off the muff of will melt it. Goes for any hose really. :rolleyes:

I also use Tygon tubing - but it does not have a great ability to withstand heat - so you have to keep it away from the exhaust. I believe I put an insulating sleeve over the Tygon tubing where it gets close to the exhaust. Below is a description of Tygon:

Tygon® Fuel and Lubricant Tubing F-4040-A

Designed for safe and efficient handling of most petroleum-based products, Tygon® Fuel and Lubricant Tubing resists embrittlement, cracking and swelling. A consistent performer lot after lot, Tygon® Fuel and Lubricant Tubing is the most requested fuel and lubricant tubing for a variety of applications -- from small engine fuel lines to coolant transfer. Specifically designed to handle most fuels and industrial lubricants, Tygon® Fuel and Lubricant Tubing resists the swelling and hardening caused by hydrocarbon-based fluids. This significantly reduces the risk of failure due to cracking and leakage. Its minimum extractability safeguards the liquid or vapor being transferred against adulteration. Extremely flexible (Shore A, 57), tubing simplifies installation, even in tight places. It is translucent yellow for positive identification and to allow easy flow monitoring. It is routinely used to handle gasoline, kerosene, heating oils, cutting compounds and glycol-based coolants. Max working temp 165°F. UV and ozone resistant.

Silicone fuel tubing has a temperature range of -80° F to +450° F, and is better for use near exhaust systems.

Neoprene tubing is capable of -20° F to 212° F.

I use the smallest inline filter I can find as space is a premium on my Sherco. I got the ones I use from a small engine/chainsaw store, and it flows enough fuel to keep the Sherco satisfied.

Edited by 1oldbanjo