bertuk

It doesn't fix anything, its just a tool for wiping dirt from seals.

I've always cleaned my seals regularly, its just another maintenance requirement.

I'm also a big fan of fork dust boots, they do keep dirt and crud but they do look really gay!

I clean my seals out every few rides. This means you way longer from a set of seals. It's simple to do. Pull up the dust wiper, insert feeler gauge, tool or piece of camera film negative and wipe around. You will be amazed at the amount of gunge that comes out of even nearly new seals.

I clean my seals out every few rides. This means you way longer from a set of seals. It's simple to do. Pull up the dust wiper, insert feeler gauge, tool or piece of camera film negative and wipe around. You will be amazed at the amount of gunge that comes out of even nearly new seals.

:thumbup::agreed: +1 for me...35mm film works best :icon_salut:

Full length gaiters are the answer, seals last forever and the gaiters protect the stantions from damage if you drop the bike in rocks - however as a previous poster says probably a bit gay or flat cappish for the stop and hop brigade.

A good tip is to left the dust boot and wrap a piece of sponge soaked in thick oil round the stantion then replace dust boot. This stops most dirt getting at the seal and you just clean or replace the sponge every few weeks.

Cheers