Starting 2012 Problem ?

cabby

Went to fit two inline filters to my 2012 this morning, one from the tank to the pump and one from pump to carb, after a bit of problems getting the air box back on, I got everything back together, kicked her over and started first kick but on huge revs, even after choke put off, switched it off, started her again, same problem. Went to start her a third time, and now it won't start at all ???

Any ideas ?

First on the very high revs and now on the non starting ??

Fuel lines aren't kinked, filter arrows pointing in direction of flow !!

Edited by Thedbf

Went to fit two inline filters to my 2012 this morning, one from the tank to the pump and one from pump to carb, after a bit of problems getting the air box back on, I got everything back together, kicked her over and started first kick but on huge revs, even after choke put off, switched it off, started her again, same problem. Went to start her a third time, and now it won't start at all ???

Any ideas ?

First on the very high revs and now on the non starting ??

Fuel lines aren't kinked, filter arrows pointing in direction of flow !!

lack of fuel? ie putting too much strain on the pump, hence why one filter before the pump?

lack of fuel? ie putting too much strain on the pump, hence why one filter before the pump?

Seems you were on the money fella :thumbup:

Removed filter between pump and carb, re fit line, put together, kicky, kicky, starty, starty :banana2:

Seems you were on the money fella :thumbup:

Removed filter between pump and carb, re fit line, put together, kicky, kicky, starty, starty :banana2:

i only know because i thaught about it with a much cleverer man than me, and he said it would be a bad idea, plus massivly decrease life of pump!