Help Identify This Bike

stevieb

My friend has recently bought this Gas Gas, reportedly a 2003 TXT Pro 200, I cant find information either on the bike or on the internet to prove Gas Gas actually made a 200 in 2003, my gut feeling is this could be a 2002 125 ??? Can anybody help ??

KGrHqFHJCcE8fZyqIBPOQuiRIDQ60_12.jpg

KGrHqJHJC4E8fYl4hBBPOQu6RVlw60_12.jpg

Edited by stevieb

My friend has recently bought this Gas Gas, reportedly a 2003 TXT Pro 200, I cant find information either on the bike or on the internet to prove Gas Gas actually made a 200 in 2003, my gut feeling is this could be a 2002 125 ??? Can anybody help ??

Frame numbers are the best way to determine origin.

A quick way to spot models by how they look: http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/previous-models.html .

Jon

Forgot to add: I don't think they made a 200 until 2004.

Edited by JSE

Im fairly sure that its an 02 frame. No gusset at the headstock but hard to see for sure in the photos

If stevieb can post the frame number (or PM me if he does not wish it public) I'll decode it for him.

Jon

It looks like a 2003 125cc, except for the 200 sticker on the swingarm and the black rims. Go to the GasGasMuseum.com site and you can click on the year and then see the different models that were offered that year. The frame and radiator mount look exactly the same as the 2003 model.

If stevieb can post the frame number (or PM me if he does not wish it public) I'll decode it for him.

Jon

Frame number 011020263

Swing arm part serial number BT280212002

Thanks Jon

I'll need all the numbers after "VTRGG".

"BT280212002" is just the part number for the swingarm and is used on various models.

Jon

Vtrgg 1602 1102 2539

Makes it I think a November 02 160 ???

So yes it is an 02 200 maybe

But best wait for Jon to confirm :thumbup:

That's what I get also. Interesting that a 2002 model was built in November of 02',

which seems kind of late in the model year when you think they would be gearing up

for the 03' bikes. The 200's were around 175cc's from what I remember. I don't see

an 02' 200 listed in any of my references and thought only the 250 and 280s were

out that year (I have an 02' 280). See, ya learn something every day....:)

Interestingly enough, the 02' Pros were called the "TXXI" model for a short time.

Jon

ps. I have an idea that may or may not help. Check in the airbox and if there is a clear

plastic flap that fits above/over the air filter (like all the newer models) it's

possibly an 03' on up. The 02' models did not come with that flap, which made them

prone to ingesting water thrown up from the front tire into the filter. Then again,

small factories like Gas Gas, unlike say Honda which will crank out thousands of bikes

in a short time, often incorporate updates into the assembly line as soon as they develop them.

post-2532-0-36428500-1329679769.jpg

Edited by JSE