Tubeless Tyre On Tubed Rim

turbo

Hi, is it possible to run a tubeless tyre on a tubed rim? or would it be a big mistake. Also are the tubed michelin tyres that are still available exactly the same as the tubeless x11. thanks ,

They seem to work on some rims and not others. Couldn't get an X11 to work on a TLR.

Generaly Morad rims are ok but DID are a bit of a problem. Incidentally why tubeless not a tubed tyre?

Tubed type are a crap compared to tubeless with a tube fitted and seem to work on everything I've ridden over time. Not used anything other than Michelin... :icon_salut:

I used Mchelin XLite tubeless tyres with a tube inside on my Akront rims last year with no problems - all I did was pump them up hard between trials to keep the bead in place on the rim - at trials pressures the tyre held well all season.

I have gone back to an IRC tube type tyre for this season because I found a few with hard sidewalls, but they are a bit inconsistent compared with tubeless tyres that are available