New 175F Owner

stevieb

Just wanted to say Hi, I have just bought this 2005 SY175f 143cc I am really pleased with it, but I have no idea of it's history and therefore do not know if its had any of the common modifications done, I am keen to get the bike as good as it can be and would be grateful to hear of your good and bad expierences, what works, what doesn't work, what to look out for, which mods are worth the money etc..

003.jpg

001.jpg

Think most people are running the exhaust mods and carb jetting changes. Small gearbox sprocket seems to be personal choice. I have a high rpm cdi but doesnt feel a lot diferent and a titanium front pipe which just looks nice. Some people re work the clutch actuator and the flywheel weight, neither of which i've done.

Hope this helps

Andy

Just wanted to say Hi, I have just bought this 2005 SY175f 143cc I am really pleased with it, but I have no idea of it's history and therefore do not know if its had any of the common modifications done, I am keen to get the bike as good as it can be and would be grateful to hear of your good and bad expierences, what works, what doesn't work, what to look out for, which mods are worth the money etc..

Thats a nice looking Scorpa you have there. One mod worth doing is replacing the alloy chain tensioner for a steel one. Birketts do them, they are on the expensive side http://birkettmotosportukltd.co.uk/?Stop_Press_New_Product. The alloy one on my 125 bent first time out :angry:

andyrothers, you don't often see the mod to the clutch actuator mentioned much, but in my opinion it transforms the rideability of the bike and is one of the best mods you can make and if you can do it yourself, it's a no cost mod :)

Owned one for almost two years. Great bike. Rejet on the carb is a must. Opening the exhaust, and removing all the cross brace rods was very worthwhile, as well. The other biggie was a clutch kit from B&J Racing. Made a HUGE difference in the smooth progression of the clutch.