Cylinder Head Bolts

wrmec

hello. i went to take the cylinder head off my 300cc 2006 gas gas txt pro and found one of the heads on the allen bolt has been rounded so i cant get it out. can anyone give me any advice what i could do. thanks.

Tap in a torx bit with a hammer then turn that. Or cut a slot with a dremel type tool.

if you was closer to me i would have told you to bring it to me i would have done that for you mate free,if you knock a torx bit in and give it a thump using a impact driver they do help you mate

Edited by nigel28

Thanks for the replies. i managed to get it by cutting a little slit in with a hacksaw and tapping it round with a screwdriver. i usually drill bolts out when the heads get worn but i didnt like to do it on the cylinder head.

Thanks for the replies. i managed to get it by cutting a little slit in with a hacksaw and tapping it round with a screwdriver. i usually drill bolts out when the heads get worn but i didnt like to do it on the cylinder head.

Cut off and dress about 5mm from the end of your old Allen wrenches and you will probably not strip any more.

Jon