Yoke Pinch Bolts

bondy

hi all can anybody tell me witch way the bolts go on the 199A yoks? daft question i know theres a resess on the botom yoks so the hex heads go in facing out but the top yoks have the resess at the back is it possibel to have the hex heads facing out on the top yoke? because the nut wount fit in the resess but i have seen bikes wwith the bolts this way only reason is my yokes or blue so ive got black bolts .and would look beter this way

There were different fork clamps made some had a recess for the allen srcew, some not, the fork clamps for the last Sherpas had threads inside the fork clamps and a recess so there where no possibility for swapping the bolt direction.

As hewson stated you can switch to zinc plated or stainless steel type bolts these are not so apperent like black ones.

There were different fork clamps made some had a recess for the allen srcew, some not, the fork clamps for the last Sherpas had threads inside the fork clamps and a recess so there where no possibility for swapping the bolt direction.

As hewson stated you can switch to zinc plated or stainless steel type bolts these are not so apperent like black ones.

thanks all ill see what i can do thanks

Just dont ever use Anodised Alloy bolts in this application, I wouldnt even recommend normal stainless steel bolts.

Go for a high tensile Socket cap in bright zinc plate.

hi wayne any idea where i can get these from?

hi wayne any idea where i can get these from?

Lookup fastener suppliers in the yellow pages. Go pay them a visit and specifically ask for High Tensile Socket cap screws in the correct length.

If you are going to ride the bike it's the best option in my opinion.

The originals were phosphated (black) if I recally correctly but bright zinc plate looks better.

Another way is search on the net for a good brand like "unbrako"