Castrol A747

bertuk

indeed its a great place to buy oils!! the mere mention of"its for a motorbike" sends the price up!! :blink:

also after running the bike in the garden today the whole house smells like a motocross track.excellent! :lol:

Edited by bertuk

It really is mighty fine smelling stuff. Nothing can compare.

I always mix about 60-65:1 with fresh Tesco Momentum 99. I put this into my Rev3 200 and it runs much smoother and creamier power than with the Putoline TT strawberry oil. Bear in mind I dont do long transit section or full throttle stuff much.

Any old stale fuel, I put this in the car tank or through my lawnmower. It makes mowing a nice pastime when you get a whiff.MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm :icon_salut::guinness::thumbup:

75-80mm per 5 ltrs is about 65:1.

I use 15ml of A747 per litre of fuel. Shake in a fuel can then add to bike tank.

Maxima 927 is the same kind of stuff but is supposed to be cleaner. I have never used it though, only castrol.

The Motul 800 is not a castor oil I think so it will be a Bees Knees synthetic. It will be very good stuff but it won't smell like A747.

The A747 does leave a film on everything that means protection levels are very high. Don't be afraid to use A747 and syntetic oils but make sure you don't mix the two fuels together.

If I change fuel from A7474 to fully synth (when going somewhere I may run low and need to borrow fuel such as a long distance ride) and run my tank dry of current A747 fuel (or suck it out). I then put 200mls of new synth fuel in the tank and run this through the bike till it runs dry again. It is now clean to add a full tank.

Reverse the process when going back to A747 to treat the old girl!

Just remember synth oils don't mix with castor based oils. For the amounts of oil in the fuels it is not an issue if you drain and refill and then run a bit through the motor to clear out jets etc in the carb. You do not have to strip your motor and clean it like some websites and forums recommend.

Edited by pindie

It smells nowt like the Ipone oil. However, it is a smell you'd associate with "older" motors when standing trackside.

I spoke to Castrol at length before using A747 in a modern watercooled trials bike and they recomended 60:1 premix.

It is the only oil HRC recommend so that's good enough for me.

Edited by pindie

http://www.clarkforest.com/shop/chainsaw/2-stroke-oils/oregon-2-stroke-oil-5-litres

If you are looking for decent oil at a good price try the above - it meets the latest/ highest specs as regards lubrication and cleanliness. Also when you see the hammer these small two strokes get day after day with little wear you know its a good oil.

As for Castrol A747 - yes a superb lubricant but as it is based on castor you probably should use it within a day or two of mixing - not leave until next weekend.

Cheers