Tlr 200 Steering Head Mod

quickmick25

I'll be interested to see what replies this thread gets, especially on the recommended angle(s) and how the angle is measured.

From talking to other people who have changed the rake angle I pass on the advice to make sure that whatever angle you do choose that you still have clearance between front mudguard and frame downtube. If you use mudguard risers for muddy conditions then check the clearance with the risers fitted.

I left the top face of the top frame tube intact and cut a v through the lower parts of the frame and gusset. I measured distance from spindle and steering head to wall in front. Then set to same dims as my 4rt. seemed to work. Lost about 1" on wheelbase which I have added to swing arm to get back to approx 52"

So you modified your swingarm or you bought a longer one?

I would measure the distance from the centre of the swingarm axle to the centre of the frontwheel axle and compare it to more modern trial bikes.

After that i would compare the swingarm length to the actual bikes and modify it,if possible!