Changing 2008 Rev 3 Fork Seals

oojudoo

I searched the forum for a post on changing fork seals on my beta but only found this http://www.shercousa...placement-1.pdf . Is the beta very different from the sherco? will i need a "fork seal driver" as is used in the link?

Is there a more relevant link?

Looking at the link i feel reasonably confident of being able to do the job but is it best left to a garage?

If it will cost me less than £40 i think i would let somebody else have the hassle

Also, while the forks are off i thought about putting stronger springs in as im a 125kg rider. is this worth doing? how much would the springs cost?

I want to get her ready for my first outing on her next saturday at the project 200 course

thanks as always guys :)

changing the fork seals should be pretty straight forward,i think the sherco was on paioli forks then but not sure,someone else on here will let us know!when i do mine i use a good punch working it in carefully going round the seal,a seal driver would be best but if your doing it once in a while is costly.you would probably get a firmer spring(as there is only one) from steve saunders check his website at sxs for cost.if anyone knows of anyone who makes them i would like a softer one?

• Like 1

Just had a look on the sxs site. he has evo springs but no rev 3 springs that i can see.....are there any other sites worth a try?

The pipe as a seal driver sounds like a good idea. smooth the end of rough edges.

thanks