Looking To Get A 2011 Ossa

markieboi

Hi guys as title says really, looking to buy a 2011 280i and was wondering if there's anything I need to look out for specifically other than the normal stuff.

Really need the help as I'm tossed up between the Ossa and a late gold frame Raga, so peoples opinions on that too would be welcome.

Cheers in advance fella's.

you can by a "new " 11 with most if not all the updates made on the 12.

Only thing I can think of is,

a bushing on the rear axle, not heard of any problems , but changed to bearing in 12

updated mapping , I would defiantly do that , easier starting.

there's 1 or 2 more , no real problems that I've heard of.

I'm impressed with my 12, EVERYBODY that's rode it is impressed as well , even die hard brand X guys , one guy who was a dealer , said if he wasn't a dealer for brand X he would have one.

Edited by toothandnail

• 2 weeks later...

you can by a "new " 11 with most if not all the updates made on the 12.

Only thing I can think of is,

a bushing on the rear axle, not heard of any problems , but changed to bearing in 12

updated mapping , I would defiantly do that , easier starting.

there's 1 or 2 more , no real problems that I've heard of.

I'm impressed with my 12, EVERYBODY that's rode it is impressed as well , even die hard brand X guys , one guy who was a dealer , said if he wasn't a dealer for brand X he would have one.

totally agree

Just got the 2011 (SSDT edition) with mods and a 2 map switch.... Not too much of a pig to start but time will tell. I need to put on 6" rise bars as I am 6'6" but otherwise no adjustments except maybe aluminium bark busters.

Just picked up my brand new 2011 last night. Dealer would not let me take it home until he had replaced the rear wheel bush with a bearing. It was also remapped to 12 and runs like a dream! I am very pleased with it. Started second or third kick from cold and then first kick once warm, i think it is down to the technique and no throttle when kicking.

Name change will be made from Canada315 to Canada280i as soon as I can figure out how!

Congrats , I think the more you ride it the better you'll like it .

Maybe they are just being nice but, EVERYBODY but one, whose rode mine , has said they were IMPRESSED and would like to buy one. Although most will have to wait , as they only buy used/well used bikes.