Question Regarding Lowering Pegs On A Ossa Mar

yellow_cad

I want to lower the footpegs. The bottom of the pegs in the new position would be just above the skidpad level so the pegs will only be 1 1/2 or 2 inches lower. My question is about the affect this would have on operating the rear brake pedal. In the current position for the pegs, it seems like I am reaching down for the brake pedal but don't know if reaching up is good. Is there a way to modify the brake pedal. It is so well protected now. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

I want to lower the footpegs. The bottom of the pegs in the new position would be just above the skidpad level so the pegs will only be 1 1/2 or 2 inches lower. My question is about the affect this would have on operating the rear brake pedal. In the current position for the pegs, it seems like I am reaching down for the brake pedal but don't know if reaching up is good. Is there a way to modify the brake pedal. It is so well protected now. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Yes the brake pedal height, and fore/aft distance relative to the footpeg is very important in trials. Reaching either way is a disaster for your position on the bike.

Anything is possible when it comes to modifying brake pedals. While you are at it (lowering the pegs) have a think about what you are going to do with the stand mount too.

One option for OSSAs is to fit a wheel that has the brake and sprocket on the same side so you can do away with the cross-over rod and bowden cable which makes for a sub-optimal brake action on the standard MAR. That also opens up options for how you make the brake pedal fit in with lowered footpegs.