Montesa 315r What Year

rigger

Hi there i think they are quite similar i know for sure the forks are different,on 00-04 have Showa.Think the power is sharper on th newer bike too and the back brake caliper is flush with swingarm ofcourse the visual is 04 red tank and white mudguards,03 all red not sure about 02&01,i had a 98 a few years ago and it was black tank and fenders you can always check online for pictures and spec

check frame number on headstock, count down ten digits that will tell you the year. ie 2002 = 2

Ha Ha. You're serious aren't you? What a load of cobblers.

Try a slightly more Scientific Approach.

Edit. After all morning thinking about this I think I see what you mean now, fabio. I'll retract the cobblers bit but flippin' 'eck you could have explained it better. And it only works for the 2001 - 2004 models.

Edited by Wherry

• 7 months later...

Colours of years

98 Carbon look tank Red fenders

99 back rear fender red front

2000 silver rear Mudguard

2001-2003 all red

2004 white mudguards red tank

thats by memory...99% sure?

I still own my 98' & 04' Mont 315's

IMG_3381.jpg

IMG_3382.jpg

Edited by finny
  • Like 1

I think you have it right. But you left out the 1997, it had the same small 2 litre carbon fibre tank as the 98 and had either white or black fenders cant remember which. I had a 1998 for 9 years and it was great. My favouite was the all red combination of later years. That 2004 looks cherry very nice.

I think you have it right. But you left out the 1997, it had the same small 2 litre carbon fibre tank as the 98 and had either white or black fenders cant remember which. I had a 1998 for 9 years and it was great. My favouite was the all red combination of later years. That 2004 looks cherry very nice.

Ah i didnt ride that bike that year, didnt it have a red tank and white fenders???