Scorpa 125 4t

pludmugger

Bought one myself last year,rode first solo trial for 32 years and won (easy route) over 50, beat the over 40 and the open class,so the bike in my opinion is perfect for the job. I am over 15 stone, so don't let anyone tell you it hasn't got enough power.

Cracking bike, as I said before. Pretty much as Rossy said, Cheap to run and maintain and they are holding their value now, no need for water cooling nonsense, it's a Yamaha TTR125 engine...

• Like 1

Like any off road bike you need to buy on condition. 1100 is about the going rate for a tidy bike you could enter in a trial immediately. Most have been owned by mature riders and / or occasional users so should be okay, just check the usual things and make sure the exhaust and carb jetting mods have been done. There are a couple on the bay at present....

We could go on all night, there are a lot of bikes out there for that sort of money, some here will say it's a better bike some say not. The Mont could be a bag of 5h1t , on the other hand it could be a minter ??? Personally I don't want water cooling (water's for making tea) and don't need a 250, others differ.

Edited by Andy M

A O60s guy in our club had a 315 mont. He has just bought a 2010 125 gas gas and thinks it's the best thing since sliced toast. He only now realises what a handful the mont was. They are a really good bike but perhaps not suited for a 'mature' rider. Just out of interest what are the mods to the carb and exhaust on the scorpa?

• 2 weeks later...

You really need to ride one - they are quite different than the 2 strokes. So if it suits you then thats great. For the novice class, just about any bike will do fine - it just comes down to what grabs you. You might want to compare against a Beta 200 as well. They are super starter bikes IMO.

Edited by laser1

The Scorpa is really really soft on delivery, easy to start and super reliable, its not powerful at all but for novice sections its pretty much perfect, won't loose any money either. The Mont has significantly more power but is also very popular with high build quality, at 1200 it would need to be very very good and need nothing spending on it at all IMHO. I'd recommend the scorpa, I started back on a sherco 290 (gulp) after a long lay off, then got a scorpa 125, much better for me and my results improved massively. I think a 200cc 4T scorpa would be my ideal bike.