Rev 3 Weak Spark

neilnh

Hi there. I had the exact same problem that turned out to be a faulty kill switch. We had a weak spark but as soon as we put the plug back in it wasn't strong enough and the bike was dead, same as you it had run fine when put away. I've now been caught out twice with kill switches - the other time with my fantic- but an easy and cheap thing to try before looking at the expensive beta electrics.

Hope this helps

Vicx

:-)

Find someone with a multimeter that measures ohms. Your stator will I think have 4 coils - three with thick wire and one with fine wire. Measure the resistance of the fine wire coil at the terminals that plug togeter at the top of the radiator. Should probable be about 250 to 300 ohms. Try measuring a good bike if you can.

If resistance is infinity (open circuit) coil or a wire to it is broken. If resitance is well over 300 wire may be thinning / about to break and won't flow enough current. If resitance is much lower than 250 windings are shorting and wont generate sufficient voltage.

Try bradford rewinds or west country windings - cheaper than whole new stator.

Cheers

Edited by Dadof2