Stolen: 2009 Montesa 4Rt Repsol Limited Edition

montesa622

this bike was not insured as not registered so all members take note-house insurance will not cover motorcycles and it must be road registered and you must hold a full uk licence to get it insured-

there is an insurer who will insure "laid up" only but 4 photo`s must be provided with the bike chained to an approved ground anchor showing distinguishing marks and with a copy of a dated newspaper and only in a brick built garage even then there is a

Desperately sorry for you Montesa622. I hope they catch the lowlife and hope you get the bike back.

On a side note, wouldn't it be a great idea, if when you enter a Trial, you had to present your bike at signing on, the bike would be check for frame and engine number, which could then be written on your entry form. Any descepancies could be followed up and be reported to the Police. I know it's not the clubs job to look out for stolen bikes, but in some instances, it could help.

yes good idea it could only help the trials community think this bike would get noticed as only a few in the country not even sure the thief new what he stole as not a run of the mill trials bike

it may come back as the whole thing is on our cctv cameras now with the police

this bike was not insured as not registered so all members take note-house insurance will not cover motorcycles and it must be road registered and you must hold a full uk licence to get it insured-

there is an insurer who will insure "laid up" only but 4 photo`s must be provided with the bike chained to an approved ground anchor showing distinguishing marks and with a copy of a dated newspaper and only in a brick built garage even then there is a £500 excess and at the end of the day they probably will find an excuse not to pay so simply a similiar position to getting it stolen without paying the premium-golden rule buy a decent bike,lock it in the house and don`t sell it !

Hertfordshire is generally an affluent area but if all they had to do was prise open garage doors then you didnt make it difficult enough. Its not sympathetic I know and I am sorry these low lifes took it but we must all be vigilant and do our best to stop them. Perhaps we will all be a little more careful I for one dont always set my alarm and it will make me do this now, too close to home.

Will keep a look out for it of course.

Road registering and insuring really is the best way to make sure you dont loose out financially.

to this day i cannot understand why we dont have a trials log book for each bike like they do for rally cars.. you show up to ride present bike to geezer at signing on geezer checks engine and frame number against log book and your on your way.

this immediately removed all the stolen cars from rallying ( there were hundreds..remember how cars like sierra cosworth's, rs 1600i, astra gte etc were impossible to get insurance for)

c mon its got to be worth 20 a year each to fund vis ACU.. or do they accept that stolen vehicles form a percentage of entries?

• Like 2

to this day i cannot understand why we dont have a trials log book for each bike like they do for rally cars.. you show up to ride present bike to geezer at signing on geezer checks engine and frame number against log book and your on your way.

this immediately removed all the stolen cars from rallying ( there were hundreds..remember how cars like sierra cosworth's, rs 1600i, astra gte etc were impossible to get insurance for)

c mon its got to be worth 20 a year each to fund vis ACU.. or do they accept that stolen vehicles form a percentage of entries?

On the same thought line as me, like your idea and I think it's well worth it, if it stops even just one theft.

to expand.. each bike has its own acu log book.. you get a registered acu scrutinner to check your bike over note its numbers and take snaps of each side acu send you a log book ( like your licence) you show up at a trial you flash your licence and the bikes log book.. you wont buy a bike without one wont sell a bike without one dont compete without one dont ride a practice site without one.. is that difficult? you buy a knicked bike your knackered you buy a knicked emgine your kanckered you buy a knicked frame your knackered.. stops stolen bikes being used at legitmate sites/ events over night..

But it wouldnt stop the theives stealing bikes to ship off to the far east

IMHO not many bikes will be stolen to ride at events. They will be stolen to sell on, and then the innocent person who does ride it at an event will be another person who loses out.

• 1 year later...