Show Me Your Twin Shocker!

sir dabs alot

How does it ride?

Its pretty good, it steers well and the engine pulls from low down well. Its a bit heavy but you dont really notice too much when riding it. I have only done one trial on it a couple of weeks ago with the North Lincs Classic club and did well on it first time out. Its something different from the fantics and tlrs etc and I am pleased with it so far. I hope to make changes if required and develop it over the next season.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

post-3348-0-93003700-1389692307_thumb.jpg

Apologies for not including a snap of the exhaust. Have now dug one out. According to the previous owner (the chap who's responsible for the superb condition of this fine machine - I've only owned it a short time) the exhaust was hand made by Keith Horsman to develop a softer power delivery using 'know how' gained when making the longer exhaust systems of the later Ossa MARs.

Apologies too for being unable to confirm whether the front brake/hub is standard or not. All I know is it works and that's good enough for me.

Thanks 'Metisse' for pointing out the forthcoming trial at Escolotte near Duras. Googled Escolotte and nothing came up, but I know Duras is SE of Bordeaux so I may well try and get down there on the day. Are there any other twinshock or pre '65 events coming up in the central region?

Edited by bigplonker
  • Like 3

YZ backplate and hub?

I think you might be right,the hub looks bigger than a standard TY,I've also seen a tls hub used from a YZ too,apparently an excellent brake.

Certainly a nice looking bike,be interesting to compare how it runs with the longer pipe.