Show Me Your Twin Shocker!

sir dabs alot

19 hours ago, feetupfun said:

and how did it go?

The motor, clutch and fit/feel is perfect. I could balance without moving, do simple roll-backs and turn with the forks against the stop but It had no brakes (even with all new parts). 

This afternoon I fixed the fork leak and ground a ton of rust from the front brake drum liner which seemed to be a big improvement. It's got tons of compression, starts first kick, runs cool and the plug reads perfect. It pinged once when I almost stalled setting the slide stop and doesn't smoke. It seems perfect. I need help more help than the bike does at this point.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ftwelder said:

The motor, clutch and fit/feel is perfect. I could balance without moving, do simple roll-backs and turn with the forks against the stop but It had no brakes (even with all new parts). 

This afternoon I fixed the fork leak and ground a ton of rust from the front brake drum liner which seemed to be a big improvement. It's got tons of compression, starts first kick, runs cool and the plug reads perfect. It pinged once when I almost stalled setting the slide stop and doesn't smoke. It seems perfect. I need help more help than the bike does at this point.

Excellent

Hodaka Rickman  100 cc , project  are there any hodaka people out there , , I just purchased webco cylinder and head ,  on ebay,,, no piston , 123cc stock mk at 56 mm it’s used  , I been looking for piston rings that fit small rod 11mm  , on model 92 , early 1970 engine , The original 125 hodaka  engine does not fit  bigger piston  rod ,, , I have purchased E engine , , Project  not engine in photo . , there only 400  , hodakas or so mf by Rickman ,   1 original webco , 1 copied , I working on building one for me ,, there might be others stored   Unknown bikes ,   Webco ,, piston 123cc  is   Hard to find  , I looked on hodaka form , few others are adapting  other pistons  , for the 125   Have only one photo , ,  And I painted the tank  baby blue , cheers 

20 hours ago, daveraw70s said:

My OSSA TR80 250 'Gripper'

Picture was just pre Lockdown at a trial held by Darlington and District Motor Club. It was a hard trial (for me.... just turned 62!!!) Finished three behind Vesty ... But also last .LOL 

Darlinginton Trial Feb 2020 2.jpg

Have the gripper stripped down now for a few mods .. Just back from Powdercoaters  (done by Rage Powdercoating at Thirsk) Follow the rebuild  Instagram ossa_gripper_

image.png.4f42dc4feaf35e5ab055784c33939d1a.png

image.png.69eaaeca0ef816ba2b59205eba865fdf.png

• Like 2

On 10/28/2020 at 12:16 PM, daveraw70s said:

Have the gripper stripped down now for a few mods .. Just back from Powdercoaters  (done by Rage Powdercoating at Thirsk) Follow the rebuild  Instagram ossa_gripper_

image.png.4f42dc4feaf35e5ab055784c33939d1a.png

image.png.69eaaeca0ef816ba2b59205eba865fdf.png

Just now the a stage of rebuild.... slowly. Gonna try black mudguards for a while but it’ll prob go back to orange. I am also going to try to ‘make’ a pair of side panels out of Acrylic..... follow on instagram 

59EB8712-BC64-453D-A7E9-5F40EADF5340.jpeg

B844032C-3E86-4727-922E-EB0AD7C2343D.jpeg

A32CB60B-529A-436C-A193-64068B29B4D2.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...