Gas Gas Clutch Again! Sorry......

lee_28

hi all,

my friend has just brought himself a 04 gas gas txt pro, the clutch is stupidly stiff to pull in, was wondering if any one else has had this problem or noes what it could be. i have drained the system and bled it with new fluid just incase it was some thing simple along with changing the gear box oil. any help would be very appreciated

thanks

lee

Had this problem on a 2004 last week, turned out the clutch plates had swollen. The complete pack was only 0.2mm out. But that's was enough to cause the problem. Fired another clutch in and all was good :)

hi all,

my friend has just brought himself a 04 gas gas txt pro, the clutch is stupidly stiff to pull in, was wondering if any one else has had this problem or noes what it could be. i have drained the system and bled it with new fluid just incase it was some thing simple along with changing the gear box oil. any help would be very appreciated

thanks

lee

You actually need to just replace one or two steel plates with thinner ones. This brings the cutch pack in to the correct hieght. Any Gas Gas dealer should fix you right up.

Rebuilt an o7 250...put a new dph clutch why we were at it.... we then added atf oil and it made terrible noise...after racking our brains thinking we put something back wrong we noticed on the clutch box a big white sticker stating "do not use ATF oil !!!" put normal bike gear oil in and it's all fine no noise