Fork Clonk

trial_master

I have just changed the fork seals on my 07 290. Left fork went smoothly as did the right fork (side with the spring).

Got it all put back together and the right fork makes a clonk with a notchey feel about 5mm from the top.

I am guessing its an easy fix as it did not do this before I changed the seal.

And yes I did put everything back in exactly as it came out

Any ideas?

Sorry I was a little light with the details. The forks are still off the bike. I got the right and left mixed up but it is defiantly the side with the spring that makes the clonk. I can hear it just by having the bottom of the leg on the ground and pushing down on it.

From looking at various images on the net I think I put the 'cone' in the wrong place. I put it in from the bottom.

Sorry I was a little light with the details. The forks are still off the bike. I got the right and left mixed up but it is defiantly the side with the spring that makes the clonk. I can hear it just by having the bottom of the leg on the ground and pushing down on it.

From looking at various images on the net I think I put the 'cone' in the wrong place. I put it in from the bottom.

Not quite sure how that is done, yet the thought did occur to me that there could possiblybe a bit of roughness in the transition from the rebound spring to the top-out spring? Never really tried it that way with fork off.