Bar Rises

andyj007

Hi guys got a 250 2998, I'm 6ft, going to rise the bars up as I feel that I'm loading the grips too much under normal standing position. I have a tlr 200 Honda and I love that position. The bars are about 80mm higher and the foot pegs 30mm higher, so I make that a foot peg to bar about 50 mm.

I'm thinking of getting some rises made for about 40 or 50 mm. This seems like a lot.

What do you tall guys run..

Ps had my second tral today what a top bike I love it.

Cheers

I run 45mm risers on my Gas Gas and I'm 5'8". Nice and comfortable stance.

Annoyingly no one seems to do anywhere near a 2" riser so I had to fabricate them from some ally stock.

Don't forget talker risers need longer bolts and they must be at least 12.9 grade high tensile bolts. 8.8's will snap eventually.

Couple of other threads on this one if you want to pop risers in the search engine on this site.....one of the most recent pointed at these http://www.roxspeedfx.com/cgi-bin/cart/showitems.cgi?subcat_id=297

Im 6ft 4 and I have some old renthals that are 200mm rise at the end tips which i like alot. I also have some borrowed prototypes which maybe around 240 - 260 ie mini apes - they are probably around 30-40mm to high.....however you pull it off Id be telling you nothing that ergos are very important.

Here's a shot of me on Feetup funs TY with the mini apes http://www.trials.com.au/forum/download/file.php?id=6694&mode=view

Looks like you're on a 80 there :lol:

Biggest problem with using risers is that the hoses & cables probably won't have enough length to still fit & you'll need to have custom length ones done if this is the case

Edited by tony27