Gas Gas Txt Pro Clutch

hi all got a problem with 280cc txt pro 2011 10 hrs use,clutch drags put the bike on a stand start it put it

in gear pull clutch in rear wheel drives using 400ml of atf dextron3 everything adjusted to spec ???

Clutch swelled up from using ATF.

Will do this if left for a few days to a week or so without being run.

a push along the ground while in gear and squeezing the clutch lever will normally free it up enough to safely start the engine without it running away from you.

Dp clutch packs don't like ATF, light gear oil is reccomended by Gas Gas. However Ive noticed that if you go too light (for example putoline light gear oil) it slipps between 4th and 5th and 6th gear changes whilst on road sections.

I'll give that gp10 a try next as it is slightly thicker then LGO.

Edited by tankygsy

You might have your lever ajusted too far in. If you dont allow the piston to for the master to return fully then it will not allow fluid out of or up the compensator port. (lil hole at the bottom of the master) Try this: Remove the cap and rubber boot for your clutch master. Pull the lever and you should see some fluid pop out of the compensator port as it initially pressurizes. If you don't then the lever to piston bolt is too tight or the master cylinder piston is not returning fully. As the bike heats up the clutch will drag more and more if the piston is not allowed to return fully.

--Biff

Gas Gas Pro models, just do not release the clutch 100% like honda and most dirt or street bikes. I think you get used to it, Im to where I can almost say, I prefer it. the part about the clutch that keeps me happy is NOT this issue of dragging when stopped, But I allow myself to not care or accept the "compromise" becaus it is IMHO better on how well you can adjust just where it takes hold, how far you move your finger, and how stiff it is on your finger, that and I like Gas Gas :popcorn: . Some people will never like it :wall: , some will adapt to it :guinness: .

Edited by Sting32