Best Way To Mix 2 Stroke?

rallymadsam

..''Shaken not stirred'' of course :guinness:

Get your lady's measuring jug from 't kitchen and a 5litre petrol can (plastic?) and experiment to your hearts content.

All of my trials bikes have been mixed at a ratio of:-

70mL synthetic pre-mix oil to 5L of petrol ....and I've never had any problems in 10 years :thumbup:

Get a syringe marked to 100ml.

Use a soldering iron to remark the graduations as they will dissolve off in a short while.

Attach a piece of hose to the end of the syringe so you can dip it into a bottle of oil and suck up measured quantities of your chosen premix oil.

Some people measure out petrol in jugs and decant them into a can to get spot on accuracy as fuel station meters arnt always correct but I find this quite a laborious and time consuming process, I prefer to just fill up either a 5 or 10 liter can, add oil to it then get the missus who ive appointed chief petrol shaker / mixer to do her thing while I stand back and whatch her bouncy bits jiggle while she does her thing for a few minutes.

Any excess left over goes into my car or saved for another day.

Keep the syringe handy for other tasks like filling the gear box oil, bleeding brakes etc.

• Like 1

Get a syringe marked to 100ml.

Use a soldering iron to remark the graduations as they will dissolve off in a short while.

Attach a piece of hose to the end of the syringe so you can dip it into a bottle of oil and suck up measured quantities of your chosen premix oil.

Some people measure out petrol in jugs and decant them into a can to get spot on accuracy as fuel station meters arnt always correct but I find this quite a laborious and time consuming process, I prefer to just fill up either a 5 or 10 liter can, add oil to it then get the missus who ive appointed chief petrol shaker / mixer to do her thing while I stand back and whatch her bouncy bits jiggle while she does her thing for a few minutes.

Any excess left over goes into my car or saved for another day.

Keep the syringe handy for other tasks like filling the gear box oil, bleeding brakes etc.

Don't really understand the mixing process you describe, can you post a video ?

• Like 5

We won't ask how you discovered that web site Pete :P

....while I'm here; Fill container with fuel, fill measury jug with oily stuff to desired level, add some fuel from aforementioned container, give a swirl about to mix oil with fuel, pour back into container, do the same again to catch residual oil in jug as many times as you can be bothered = cleanish jug and mixed fuel container. DO NOT mix up containers with the one for the chainsaw, strimmer etc :unsure:

Safety precautions; The above methods should not be performed in the kitchen next to a lit gas cooker!

GJ :wacko:

Do y'all not have these Ratio Rite mixing cups, in the UK?

http://www.amazon.co...8/dp/B002OQDO4C

By far the easiest way. Different scales along the side for fuel amount versus ratio.

Just ordered one as I find the syringe method a total pain in the a***, too fiddly. Thanks for the link, found a UK supplier eventually! £5 delivered.

Buy a 4RT its easy then its 50% petrol mixed with 50% petrol :moon:

Other people have used a 60% and 40% ratio and it dosen't really make any difference to how sweet the motor runs!!!!!

Granted. I have done the 4-stroke route. I found the oil filter changes to be far more of a pain in the rear than mixing 2-stoke fuel. Especially, with the Ratio-Rite mixing cup.

Edited by DGShannon