Time Penalties At The Lomax

dabtastic

So how many people should have been excluded for going over 20 minutes over their finishing time, but instead were just given 20 marks?

According to the ACU "Riders will be penalised one mark per minute or part of that minute up to a MAXIMUM of twenty for late starting or arriving late at any subsequent time control, AND THEREAFTER DISQUALIFIED".

I'm sure a few people were exactly 20 minutes late but not 25 riders in the A class alone.

Looks bizzare on the results sheet I agree, but even more bizzare that no-one was excluded when it was bleeding obvious on the day that quite a few should have been...in fact it looks like 56 riders out of a total entry of 120 were exactly 20 minutes late...I don't think so!

Edited by andat

So how many people should have been excluded for going over 20 minutes over their finishing time, but instead were just given 20 marks?

According to the ACU "Riders will be penalised one mark per minute or part of that minute up to a MAXIMUM of twenty for late starting or arriving late at any subsequent time control, AND THEREAFTER DISQUALIFIED".

I'm sure a few people were exactly 20 minutes late but not 25 riders in the A class alone.

In the results, the last column appears to have a time against each rider. It looks like their actual finishing time?

If that's the case, you can clearly see who was more than 20 minutes late.

In the results, the last column appears to have a time against each rider. It looks like their actual finishing time?

If that's the case, you can clearly see who was more than 20 minutes late.

Always assuming that the finishing times are true....uncanny how so many managed to finish bang on 20 minutes late :closedeyes:

Although not strictly to the rules would it be a case that with so many riders over the time limit they made an exception on this occasion as they realised time was to tight?

Time was tight, but some riders made it round within time so it's hardly fair on these people if riders who should have blatently been excluded are allowed to stay in the trial, and score championship points.

• Like 1

Time was tight, but some riders made it round within time so it's hardly fair on these people if riders who should have blatently been excluded are allowed to stay in the trial, and score championship points.

Yes I appreciate that, would be unfair. Not saying it's right just guessing at what might have happened. It's happened in trials I have ridden in before.

Always assuming that the finishing times are true....uncanny how so many managed to finish bang on 20 minutes late :closedeyes:

If those figures are finishing times, you can see that many of the riders who lost 20 marks on time were more than 20 minutes late finishing.

I have no idea why these riders were not excluded, there may well be a very good reason. But if the time limit was scrapped, why were many riders given a 20 mark penalty?

If those figures are finishing times, you can see that many of the riders who lost 20 marks on time were more than 20 minutes late finishing.

I have no idea why these riders were not excluded, there may well be a very good reason. But if the time limit was scrapped, why were many riders given a 20 mark penalty?

Exactly...be interesting to see the Stewards reports?