Triumph Cub

danw43

ive just bought my first trials bike a triumph cub,but it looks to me like it needs a wider swing arm sorting for it,does anyone have any drawings or dimensions for either making a new swing arm or modifying the original one,and does the engine have to be moved to the left to accomodate a 4.00 inch tyre so the chain runs true without catching the chain?

any info would be greatly appreciated as i need to get cracking as soon as possible

thanks in advance Dan

if you want to widen the arm yourself there are drawings on this forum on how to do it. if not get on ebay or get someone like paul jackson ( details on yorkshire classic website) to make one for you. be aware though that once you change the arm ( which you really should) other stuff will need adjusting ( like wheel offset, engine offset rear shock location) you may not have to change anything you may have to 'adjust' the lot!

can you offset the engine to the left and use a spacer ring to move the chain ring on the rear to suit,this would then keep everthing in line even the wheel would be kept on the c/l of the bike as far as i can see,the rear sprocket would have to be machined so the rear brake would fit inside i guess though,then everthing shimmed to suit,hopefully,regards dan