07 290 Wont Start After Cleaning Carb

trial_master

My carb was looking very dirty inside (a few specks of dirt) but the bike was running fine. So I too the carb off. Removed the float bowl and the two jets. Gave them a good spray with carb cleaner and rebuilt. then took the slider out and did the same.

When i put it all back together and started the bike, she fired up as usual first kick but went straight to full revs for about 4 seconds untill the kill switch finally worked. Now the bike wont start at all

Any help?

so far...

It kicks over fine with the usual amount of compression felt through the kick start

No sign of even wanting to start

I removed the drian bolt from the bottom of the carb and it was bone dry. Should it always have fuel in there and be wet?

I put the high revs on startup down to burning off the carb cleaner?

I adjusted the throttle cable by about 6 turns and now she runs sweet.

Thanks for all the help guys

One should not need to alter this adjustment simply due to removing and reinstalling the carb top and slide. Cable is likely out of position on one end.

Allways insure the slide slams shut before starting the bike. It makes an audible noise when it hits home.

If you did install the floats upside down, you may well have bent the level tang on the float arm, putting things out of adjustment. Insure the arm is parallel with the bowl sealing surface with the carb inverted.

Cheers,