Dougie Calls It A Day!

kickstart101

After 19 years Dougie Lampkin retires from world championship competition.

He will still be part of the Gas Gas team helping Adam Raga and the rest as well as competing in the SSDT and the Scott later in the year.

Probably the greatest of all time, a hero and role model to so many. enjoy your retirement Doug and thanks for the memories! :D

http://www.dougielampkin.co.uk/html/html/DLPR190412.html

• Like 1

Certainly the best rider and one of the nicest guys you could meet in the paddock. I remember his first ever world section in Luxembourg (with a dab on the low side of a slab), and have watched his progress with interst ever since. A true legend!

Edited by mattylad

remeber he used to deliver our papers when he was a younger a lot younger i saw mart deilvering on a trials bike i think once as well at about the same time mucho pre wtc he and mart used to practice up at a quarry above kieghley i watched mesmerised as he hopped from rock to rockalongside the main road to halifax.

I'll miss Mart & Isobel at the world rounds. Mart for the banter and Isobel because it's like having your Mum there! I remember out in Czech republic a few years ago we jokingly said to Isobel we wanted fresh scones with cream and jam for our afternoon tea. We went out, did our work, came back and somehow, somewhere she'd found the ingredients and made fresh scones with cream and jam. Awesome :D