Hope Brakes For The Gasser

avo

I think there just what the guys have done as a 'Look what we can do' Project. They do look gorgeous though, Lets see how Woody gets on with them in the SSDT.

I can't see why they wouldn't have them on the Public Market. I think the Master Cylinder assembly they've done has gone out to some dealers but i could be wrong.

Hi,

No they are just testing the brakes to see how they get on at the minute. I had a go on one of the Lads bikes from Hope yesterday with one on, they look awesome and also work awesome, they are still on with doing some tweeks and the big test is SSDT for Woody and Simon who will have them on their bikes.

surely they would bring them out for sale to the general public? because hope brakes in mountain biking is big so its another market for them to venture into and i think quite a lot of people would buy them. ive got formula brakes on my gasser at the minute and not liking them as much to the ajp but its what on it but if they were made available to the public i would definitely put my name down for them!

Good name for brakes "Hope". Why don't gas gas go for Grimecas like the beta I have had no probs with them when I had a beta. They have trick looking master cylinders (red ones on mime). I dont know about the formula brakes I have a gasser now with ajp (09) and they work fine just like the Grimecas. I would think Gas Gas would use tried and tested brakes rather than using the public as a guinea pig.

I know about the ajp issue but surely they would have warning and tested the Formulas with raga before releasing them on the general public.

I am sure the people at hope have better things to do than develop products, test them, and then NOT sell them. Just a matter of when, I should think. Someone mentioned on the FB page that they should make hubs too...... which they seem to be good at as well.

Nice to see their interest in the mototrials market!

as most of the guys at hope have an interest in trials thier developing products for the off road motorcycle market should be no surprise. however they are amazingly sucessfull at what they do and they work flat out doing the stuff they do adding extra product would be expensive to set the machinery etc.

with the boutique stlye limited numbers of trials manfacturers out there i d suspect they ll be wanting to be OEM on at least one brand of bike with individual retail sales piggy backing on the back of that for retro firts etc.