Adam Raga's Forks

willrichardson

These will be fitted on the new Raga Replica due next month (see TC front page) and I would assume that this means that they will be on the 2013 models also (although I dont know this) as they normally follow many of the Raga Replica changes

As for thoughts - dont know why they've done this. Marzocchis seem fine, however I say that having not ridden a new Jota Gas or Sherco who also use Tech forks.

Maybe Marzocchi put pricing up, maybe GG feel the Tech are better - guess we'll need to wait for an official announcement for why.

• Like 1

I'm sure I must have missed this, or am I the first to notice Adam Raga's new bike has "Tech" forks? Is this a precursor to a change from Marzocchi for production bikes as well...?

Any thoughts out there? Anyone "in the know"?

Best wishes

Will-in-the-mud

Yes you did miss it and no youre not the first!

http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/41274-new-raga-rep/

beta TTT has them too

Maybe Gas Gas tried the usual corporate trick of playing one supplier against another to try and get pricing down,p****d Marzocchi off and now they wont supply to them. Have seen it happen before. Would of thought in terms of unit sales Gas Gas are relatively small too Marzocchi.

Just a thought !!!

Or maybe this is the reason

News coming through from an Italian newspaper suggest Marzocchi have major financial troubles and may close the MTB side of things.

More news when we get it.

http://www.linformazione.com/

The FIOM-CGIL warns of Bologna for Tenneco-Marzocchi: home wind of a trade union was “difficult situation, complicated by the general crisis”, but yesterday’s meeting with the management and they ‘arrived at ‘announced intention to “sell or close the historical activity’ related to mountain biking, mountain biking, result in large revenues and prestige of the past and today, although regrettable for a clear and unable to strategic management, strongly blamed for the loss of business accumulated in three years, about 22 million U.S. dollars. ” To tell you how things are made, and the “great concern” about the announcement yesterday, and ‘a note of the FIOM-CGIL. And the problem is not alone. The union also complained about the apparent “non-compliance of the business plan,” especially for “lack of investment announced,” the inability ‘of marginality create’ win-and keep new customers. “

If they set it up anything like the Tech on the 2012 Sherco, I believe that would be a good thing. The Marzocchi has never been my favorite fork, but I know some self fragellation practitioners will miss them. :lol:

I would guess the new company "Tech" is doing the biz then!!!

That is all good then, up to a point. They obviously must be geared up for a certain level of production, and if that level starts getting pushed, quality may suffer.

On the other hand, if the factory burns down, we may all be forked!

So now, Paioli, Marzs, Ajp --- who is next?

If they set it up anything like the Tech on the 2012 Sherco, I believe that would be a good thing. The Marzocchi has never been my favorite fork, but I know some self fragellation practitioners will miss them. :lol:

I have a gap in my education, can you help...what does it mean?

P.S. I liked the Marzocchis, they gave a sturdy feel to the front end :icon_salut:

I think as times are getting hard manufacturers are feeling the pinch or marzzochi are in trouble, I think a gas gas with marzocchis is miles better than the sherco with the tech forks but it may be just the bike as the gasser may be just as good with the tech forks

Either way Raga will use them and test them out and gas gas will do what ever is best for the production bikes for the following year. The public will be happy as they will be seen as an upgrade from the raga rep rather than gas gas cutting costs. Gas Gas will be gas gas, I have one and love it. If i was worried about quality i would go back to a beta.

I'm not sure why the 12" Raga has the "Tech" fork either but I can tell you this. There is a popular magazine that just did a test on the 11" Caby 300 and 11" Raga 300, I'm sure most have read it. The Raga pretty much out shined the Caby everywhere. They did say the forks felt very similar and progressive but the last half of the Tech fork had " a small edge " over the zokes. Sure it's a magazine with riders opinions as just my opinions as well. I've rode the 12 Sherco and the forks do seem very similar to my Raga's zokes even though they're on a completely different bike, so a change is sometimes for the good we'll see ! It seems though the Raga's always have the best of components. Glad to see AJP's still on the new Raga. My buddy will pick up his 12 Raga in a few month's and will report on the front ends ( my opinions only ). I've rode all the brands and have owned most of them short of a Sherco. In my opinion the 11 Raga 300 is the finest working package out there. As far as quality goes you can point the finger at all brands,... but I do believe the Gasser's have stepped it up ! JMO !